Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fisch's Blog for May 16th 2007

I scanned through some of her blogs and was looking for something that caught my eye. One did. This blog was a youtube video on customer service. This man had bought an HP computer with an extended warranty and needed some help. The computer had recently went to service at HP and when it was returned some of the software he needed was not with the computer so he called to see about getting new disks. This seems like an easy fix, no major brain power is needed to help this guy. So a phone call that should have took two minutes to fix took over six and the man was hung up on. It was a horrible customer service experience that could seriously damage any possibility of that man doing business with HP again. The reason I was compelled to write about this blog is I work in customer service myself. Daily I meet people who just need simple help and if you handle it the right way usually there are no problems. I also have had to call companies such as HP and have poor service myself. It is frustrating when you know its just a simple problem and tech support wants to ask you everything from the model number to how many buttons is on the front of the tower. So I suggest if anyone ever has any problems with tech support call the company back and make a complaint or possibly go to their website where there is usually a survey you can take.

No comments: