Thursday, September 18, 2008

To Wikipedia or not to Wikipedia? That is the question

I do not ever use Wikipedia. I do not trust what I read or see on that research tool (if you would call it that). My freshmen year at South I was in a composition class where you had to write papers. I was using Google to search on my topic and one link was to Wikipedia. I clicked on it and the site said that the item I was searching on did not even exist. Just to let you know I was doing my paper on the history of the White House. So as you can see that was a very ridiculous statement. I have had others tell me that they have found very great facts on Wikipedia but I would rather not take that chance. The Internet is a very huge data base and I am sure I can find somewhere on it to find good, reliable, information and not have to bother with Wikipedia.

1 comment:

Brandy Wimberly said...

I totally agree about Wikipedia. I have had numerous professors tell me that if I used info from the site, that it would not be accepted by them. I don't really know the point of Wikipedia to begin with.